- The plaintiff, Ms. Reya C. Boyer-Liberto, an African-American woman, worked as a cocktail waitress at the Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel in Ocean City, Maryland.
- Plaintiff alleged that within a single twenty-four hour period she was called a “porch monkey” twice, and threatened with termination.
- Although it is unclear whether the harasser, Ms. Clubb, had supervisory authority, she did have the “ear” of Defendant’s owner, and indicated that she could cause him to terminate Plaintiff.
- When she reported these incidents of racial harassment, she was terminated by the owner of Defendant.
- Plaintiff was an African-American man employed by Defendant.
- During a broadcast regarding the arrest of two African-American men accused of being snipers and killing ten individuals in Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia, an individual watching the report with Plaintiff stated “They should put those two black monkeys in a cage with a bunch of black apes and let the apes f—k them.”
- Jordan complained about this statement, and was fired one month later.
Please be sure to visit our website at http://RobertBFitzpatrick.com